It is time for you to do a little writing with me by filling in some blanks for today’s writing. This is an exercise of self-empowerment by putting your wants on your weekend to-do list.*
TO DO FOR YOU “JUST BECAUSE”
Think back to something you wanted to do for a while and may have forgotten about it because you put other things before your personal joy.
- I will enjoy a meal at ___________ since I have not been there in months.
- I have wanted to go to ___________ and treat myself to ___________.
TO DO FOR ANOTHER WHO DID FOR YOU
If you have postponed letting somebody special know that they had a great effect on you when they did something nice, let them know it
- Finally, I will write a thank you note to ___________ for ___________ because I always wanted to let him/her know that I value their thoughtfulness.
- I will call ___________ to tell him/her how much it meant to me when he/she ___________ because it meant more to me than he (she) may have realized at the time.
TO DO TODAY FOR FUN FOR TOMORROW
There are times in life that we talk about something that we “will do one day.” It is time to start planning for this day. When you think about something, it is the spark to something bigger.
- I will call up ___________ to make plans to see each other within the next 2-4 weeks because it has been more than three months since we last got together.
- When I have time this weekend, I will go online or call the airlines for information about the dream vacation in ___________.
TO DO IN THE MOMENT
The best plans are often unplanned. This weekend find time to do something that was not planned with another person. Both of you will enjoy this spur-of-the-moment playtime together.
- Today I will call ___________ and make plans to see him (her) at ___________ so I can take time for socializing with somebody I care about and would love to see more often.
- I will make time to enjoy watching ___________ with ___________ because this is something we both talked about a while ago.
*Personalize any way you choose.
This to-do list will inspire you to enjoy your weekend in a way you never imagined. If you get to all eight items, you will have enjoyed some self-love, offered appreciation to another, begin to dream again, and live life in the moment. This is my kind of to-do list!